Thursday, January 13, 2011

Toddlers and Tiaras

Yes I am willing to admit that I am addicted to almost every TLC hit show, one I find hard to look away from even though the whole time I sit angry. I have such mixed feelings on the show Toddlers and Tiaras.  The clothes, performances, and the children are just adorable, the parents however can be a bit much.  You come across a few that are well actually remarkable parents, however there are several I think most of us would just like to kick in the face. 




There is no reason for a child to look like they are twenty, have waxed eyebrows, or be yelled at for a pitiful performance. Children should be children. One episode that really stood out for me was when  Sara, Isabelle's mother, was extremely mad about her daughters stage performance and said, “She’s bombing bad … that was horrible.” Then continued to turn to a near audience member and say, “Wow, this sucks.” It is our jobs as parents to be our kids cheerleaders not their worst critics.  If a child is doing their best they should be congratulated not insulted.  Sadly I pity the poor children who have the "crazy pageant moms" it just goes to show what effect their behavior has on these little ones.  You can always see the disappointment in their little faces when they don't win.  Their parents are putting way to much pressure on them at such a young age. In my eyes all children are beautiful and talented.  (Photos courtesy of Google Image search)